Saturday 20 April 2013

Opposite Poles..Part 140



Part 140
“Sham babu, take care of yourself first, then talk about my vested interests.  Your brother in law has filed for reopening the accident case of Prashant.  He mentioned that he has some evidence to suspect murder..!” said the voice from other end.  Sham froze.

“What? Why?” he was nervous.  “I don’t know, but he knows that you had a joint bank account with Prashant.  He has furnished the account number and requested for the bank statement!” came the response and Sham gritted his teeth. 
“Saale Saab, you don’t love your sister anymore, I believe.  Otherwise you wouldn’t have gone against my advice to close the enquiry! Now you will see what happens to your sister. I really pity her, and her blind love!” Sham smirked.
******   *********   ******
“What?” Arnav got up with a jerk picking up his car keys.  “Don’t worry Chote, Damaad ji is here.  She is alright!” said Nani and he looked shock.

“Was he there when this happened?” he asked with bated breath.  “No chote, he just walked in..!” Nani responded and he clenched his fists.  “Be it a coincidence!” he wished.  

When he reached home, Anjali was in her room and Sham was sitting by her side looking worried and talking to her soothingly.

“Di!” Arnav sat on the other side.  She smiled faintly.  “Don’t worry, Chote! I am alright.  It was just an accident.  I just fell down from the flight of stairs!” she said.  Arnav shuddered with the thought of the worst.

“Why can’t you be careful?’ he asked in anguish.  Sham smiled.  “I am alright, Chote! And he was there...! My everything!” Anjali held sham’s hand and patted her.  
“I am always there for you Raani Saheba! You are my everything!” he said glancing at Arnav.  He had removed her hand from Arnav’s grip and was holding both her hands as if separating her from her brother.  Arnav couldn’t bear the thought.  “Di..!” he touched her forehead.  She gripped his hand and said.

“Chote, Don’t worry! So long as he is there with me, nothing will happen to me! He is my protector..!” She gripped Sham’s hand too.
“And you know? I have a double protection, you and my everything!” she smiled at Arnav and he came out looking more worried.  “Umm Raani Saheba.. you take rest.  I will be right back!” he said and came out to see Arnav standing on the landing.

“Saale saab, don’t worry! I am here, she is safe!” he said with a glint.  Arnav gaped at him.  “What is he up to? Is my information wrong?” he gazed at Sham piercingly as if trying to read his mind.  “So long as I am with her, she is safe! Don’t worry Saale Saab!” he said with a tinge of threat! Arnav clenched his fists.  Sham was slowly and systematically moving his wife away from her real protection under the pretext of love.  Arnav gaped at this Sham.  “Is he the real one?” He thought and winced.  “I should find out!” he went away with the thought.  Sham smirked.  

“You wouldn’t dare do anything against me! Saale Saab, I always have a trump card with me!” he came back to his wife.

 
******   ******  ******
Khushi forgot to give the directions to Auto wala.  He frowned.  “Kahan Jaana Hain, Laxmi Nagar Main?” he asked irritably crossing the Laxmi Nagar signal.  She came back to her senses.  “Umm.. no! Take me to the temple.. Laxmi Nagar Temple!” she said.

“Pahalay batanaa thaa!” he protested taking  a U turn to the road to Mandir.
“Devi Mayya! I know, you wrote my destiny, when I was born!” she closed her eyes praying hard.  “You write for everyone.  Then how come he says he writes his own? Did you give him that power?” she asked looking at her smiling face.

“Don’t smile, like this, teasing me!” she frowned.  “Tell me, if you gave him that power, why didn’t give me too? Why do I have to depend on you for everything? Tell me Devi Mayya! I thought I have a direct connection with you and I am your favourite.  But now I see, he is more close to you.  You favour him more.  You gave him the power to write his own destiny!” she muttered sulkily.  Devi Mayya was still smiling on her.   Khushi gaped at her pleasant smile and pursed her lips sulkily. 
“So you are not going to tell me, how to write..! Fine...! I will find out myself!” Khushi turned her back on her Devi Mayya and came out of the Mandir.  Devi Mayya was still smiling.

***********   ********   *********
“Excuse me Gentlemen, I have to take this call!” said ASR going out of the conference room stopping the conversation in the middle.

“Khushi?” he was surprised to see her name flashing.
“Hello, Arnav ji?” Khushi called out.  “Khushi? Are you Ok?” he was worried.  
“No! I am Ok, Arnavji.. I just wanted to ask you...!” she went ahead loudly. 
“Volume kum karo!” he barked and she said “Sorry!” in a low tone sheepishly.
“Now, what is she up to?” he thought waiting for her to continue..
“Arnav ji, you said you write your own destiny...! I just wanted to know..!” Arnav closed his eyes in frustration.  
“You called me up to ask..!” he couldn’t believe her brainlessness.. !  “No I mean.. I just wanted to know..!” she went ahead and he blew his top in rage.  He had come out of the important meeting, which he hated to do and she was asking some crap  idiotic questions about destiny...!
“Shut up Khushi.  That requires brain which you don’t have! Stop it!” he disconnected with a frown first and then a line of smile appeared on his face. “Silly girl!” he came back taking a deep breath to come back from Arnav ji to ASR.  He resumed his presentation.  

*********   *********   ********

“Devi Mayya kay Ladlay! So you also won’t tell me..! I will find out myself.  I will also write my own destiny and undo everything that has happened to me!” she muttered furiously, walking down on the road to her home.  She felt a sudden rush of emotional outburst.  Her babuji was muted.  He would have guided her.  She broke into a run with tears streaming down her cheeks.

“Why am I so alone in this world?” she had no answer.  She had no one to turn to.  “Why am I so miserable?” she asked herself.  “Why should I be? I am going to write my own destiny... I should be cheerful to write better..!” she smiled forcibly but it remained on her face for a long time.  She actually felt cheerful.

“Humm... this is better!” she patted her back and entered her house.
“Jiji... bhookh!” she yelled from the main door and Payal understood that Khushi was back to normal.  She smiled.  She had prepared all Khushi’s favourites including jilebees...! Khushi smiled broadly.
“Aray Wah! Jiji! Meray iss ghar se jaldi jaanay ki Khushi main? Is this a parting dinner? I will be going out of this house soon!” Khushi said loudly and Payal’s heart bled with the stab.

“Khushi!” she held her hand tightly looking angrily at Buwaji.  Buwaji looked away with tears.  She too felt the pain in Khushi’s voice.  She couldn’t help.  She was doing this for the family.  
“Khushi...!” Buwaji came forward to console Khushi.  But Khushi was smiling.  “Don’t worry Buwaji, I am also equally eager to go out of this house! Just tell me when.. and Puff I will be gone!” she said looking at Buwaji.  

“Amma!” she heard a sob from Babuji’s room.  “Please..Amma!” Khushi hugged her Amma.  “Don’t cry in front of Babuji..! And don’t worry! I am perfectly alright.  All set to get married.  I have come to terms with my destiny, Amma!” Khushi said with fingers crossed at the back.

“I am not going to bow before the destiny.  I will modify it, if not write it afresh!” she was determined.  She came back for dinner to find sham entering.  
Buwaji was preparing a list of things to be done for engagement.  She wanted to invite the neighbourhood but Sham opposed the idea.  
“Let us save money, Buwaji.. We need it for Uncle’s treatment..!” he had played the emotional card and Buwaji was overwhelmed at his thoughtfulness.  

“I am thinking of a very simple marriage, Buwaji... !” he had gone ahead cashing on the same mood of Buwaji.  “But that we will decide once this is over!” he couldn’t wait for his engagement.  Khushi was on a different level.

“I will call my close friends.. Nirupa, Lavanya ji, Anjali ji.....!” she gave her list and Sham opposed.
“No, Khushi ji! We will not invite anyone.  Inviting rich people means more expenses.. We can’t afford that..!” he put it logically.

“But Lavanya ji, wouldn’t expect anything...!” Khushi protested.  “Khushi... let us discuss the invitee list later..!” Buwaji reprimanded.  “We can’t afford to spend money now!” Buwaji played her card coming to sham’s rescue.  

“Yeah.. you are right!” Khushi gave up.  Payal went inside completely frustrated.  Khushi enjoyed the food and went to bed early that day drawing the blanket over her head, meaning that she was not to be disturbed.  Payal sighed looked at the blanket and switched off the lights gazing at the ceiling.

********  ********  ******

“What the hell was she trying to find out?” he was pacing the room.  He got time in the night to think about Khushi’s phone call.  He was thoroughly puzzled.  “How to write Destiny..? Has she gone mad? I mean.. she is already!” he thought curling up his lips.  

“What was that? Why did she wanted to change her destiny?..” It was shocking for him.  “Why would one who believes in her Devi Mayya and her destiny, want to write her own destiny..?” his head spinning he threw his mobile on the bed.  

“Is she in trouble? Again?” he stopped at the thought.  “I must find out!” he dialled her number immediately.  

“Khushi? Are you Ok?” he said at once when the phone was picked up.
“Umm.. !” came a different voice.  “Payal, this is Arnav.  Where is Khushi?” he asked sounding concerned.  “Umm.. she went to bed early..!” Payal said hesitantly.  

“Is she ok?” asked Arnav again.  Payal didn’t know what to answer.  “Umm.. yes..!” she said hiding the facts.  She was not sure whether Khushi wanted to tell everything to her Monster. 

“Ok!” he disconnected feeling little relieved.  “Some weird bug must have stung her..! Pagal!” he smiled and went to bed early, switching off the lights.  The smile lingered on his face in his sleep too. 



35 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello hi

This is combined reply.
Priyanka, Thanks a lot for your comment.

Nisha, me too! glad that its reopen but opened a dangeious opportunity for sham babu too

Dk.. thank you for your comment on Arshi moments and following my blog.

Dayavanti, hehehe.. i wrote it while drinking garama garam chai, my hubby prepared for me..

SB, thanks fortaking time to comment on each of my posts.. thanks a lot dear

Jessjazz, yes he feels a slightest difference in her behaviour..thats love.. though they both deny it..

arshiforever, Payal may be timid, by nature but she is a rightous person and will stand by the truth..

rainqrazy, hope he writes a better one.. i am not sure.. Shamu.. might interfere.. he too has a power to write the destiny ..!

hello silverbluemoon/Anonymous, thanks for commenting for the first time on my blog. Can i expect you to keep commenting?

Agaftea, my dear, thank you for coming back to blog and commenting on every post. I know your are a busy person and still take out time to comment on my humble attempt. Thanks a lot.

sskaug25 thank you for the comment. I am not sureabout stopping the engagement. Because Khushi herself would want to get engaged to play her next move.. !

Sharmi, dear. Thank you for commenting on all my posts.. you continue to be my reader.. i am overwhelmed.

Suhana, Humm let us see when his big ego lets him admit his feelings.. its difficult for a person like him to admit that he is influenced by someone as emptyheaded as Khushi..Thats what he claims! hehehe

KKG Fan, Humm Balwindar and Biwi.. Let us see how devi mayya brings them together..

Priyanka.. you are bang on again after reading the post again. This destiny and pen has symbolism.. soon to be revealed ..keep reading..

hey anu angelina,, I am sorry for not posting earlier.. You know sometimes i give the time but cannot post at that time... I feel bad when this happens but i will try to post as early as possible in a day.

Anonymous, here is an early update..

Anonymous, if you read earlier posts of this story, he is introduced as head of another business house. He along with his team are newly introduced who would play significant role later.

Thank you thank you thank you

Love
KF

Unknown said...

hey today also i am first

Unknown said...

arnav please i begg u please kill that***** shyam and marry kushi

Anonymous said...

Poor Khushi, the monster needs to listen to her, why else would she call you. Well played Khushifan, you are setting the stage for the Khushi engagement, while at the same time planting the seeds of doubt in ASRs mind towards Slime... kkg fan

Anonymous said...

Yay Arnav thinks there's something dodgy about Shyam. Liked how it clicked in his head that there's something wrong in Khushi's life, but then Payal sort of helped him discard that notion :( . Kushi's going to try change her destiny...interesting. Shyam yuck yuck, the villain always seem to be 1 step ahead. Great update, thank you so much for updating early :)

F xx

Sumedha said...

Hey Diiii
Loved the update atlast arnav is thinking that something is wrong with that creep... Diii plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz make arnav and khushi come to know the true colours of that creep..

Update sooon...

Loved You...

Sumedha...

Suhana said...

Doubts beginning to creep in Arnav's mind about creepwa. Great! Please lock Sham and throw away the keys or put some brains into Di's head to think about her often 'absent' husband and find out about his 'activities'.
Arnav concerned about Khushi... need to write her destiny. Oh how he loves her but is not willing to admit. Stubbornwa kahin ka!
Thank you KF for the update and am waiting for more eagerly! May god bless you so that you continue to write so beautifully and we get to read your stories. Lots of love and hugs to you for obliging and making us soooo happy. Hats off to you!

Anonymous said...

I hope this time ASR will do everything in his style.... Why can't he ask Aman to enquire about Khushi like he always does regarding everyone?? I know m so stupid to think of it... but please don't let her engaged to that creep sham please
Loved the way ASR becomes ASR only for Khushi after his Di...
Anyways... thank u di
love u
priyanka

Anonymous said...

Loved the way ASR becomes so caring only for Khushi after his Di.. but yes he is Arnavji only for Khushi... so cute...

priyanka

SANA said...

Wow nice update..hmm asr taking time to think abt khushi nd call,..intresting,frward to balwinder singh delhi..bst wishes shubangi ji:-)..
-anina:-P

jessjazz said...

Thanks for the update (early..... lol)

Hmmm Arnav is now suspicious of Shyam. Hope he listens with big ears to the threats.

And he got upset with Khushi :(. Chalo, at least he called her before the night was over. But i do hope that Payal will tell him or Akash abt the engagement.

Now Shyam has again manipulated the scene and does not want guests at their engagement.

lakshmi said...

Finally got to read 3 updates in one go....as usual very gripping...but shyam on full action....Please KF do something to him...yet to read 140th...but felt bad for khushi...buwaji i hate her...but missed daily doses when i don't get a chance to raed ur updates...looking forward...

Applecut said...

Wonderful update. Khushi and DM convo grinned me, when comes to ASR, it makes me laugh,hehehe.. Without Khushi, there is no happiness in story. Now, khushi was upto something to change her destiny. Let be wait.
Hope ASR got know his Jijaji and Khushi's miserable by Shyam. Thank you KF.

smisham said...

dont u think Anjali will find it easier to believe Khushi's version about Shyam in this story as she already knows that K was involved with some SMJ n has asked her husband to make enquiry

sharan said...

ahhhhhhh i just want that engagement thing to end soon and i want some thing biiggggggggg expecting a lot buddy and thanks for todays update

sharan said...

ahhhhhhh i just want that engagement thing to end soon and i want some thing biiggggggggg expecting a lot buddy and thanks for todays update

Unknown said...

Hi di.Another smashing update of course.Hope ASR finds the true colours of Shyam and kills him.I was laughing all the way through khushi's convo to DM,poor girl is suffering so much.Thank you so much for such a lovely update.Continue soon.

kalaiselvisblog said...

hahaha.. shyam u idiot.. asr will surely find it out.. but my poor anjali.. wat to say she deserves dat 4 being so blind... argghhh...

ha so arnav came out of his meeting just to attend her call... hehehe so nice.. oh i really want him to know her trouble.. her forceful engagement... ha he guessed dat.. but payal.. oh dear... pls update soon...

kalaiselvisblog said...

hahaha.. shyam u idiot.. asr will surely find it out.. but my poor anjali.. wat to say she deserves dat 4 being so blind... argghhh...

ha so arnav came out of his meeting just to attend her call... hehehe so nice.. oh i really want him to know her trouble.. her forceful engagement... ha he guessed dat.. but payal.. oh dear... pls update soon...

carmen bogdan said...

I really love your posts. You are unique and special. Unique is the way you do this compelling story. I make time with pleasure at weekends I can devour all posts up to date. I love your characters and how they describe within and tumult of their souls. Shares are unexpected and our expectation is rewarded for each post.
Agaftea

Anonymous said...

Awesome part..shyam playng his card very carefully...loved Khushi's arnavji concern n nite also

Sharmi

rainqrazy said...

Ok, happy to know that Arnav is onto Shaam, whether he will misunderstand Khushi in this process remains to be seen. Also happy to note his concern for Khushi. Poor Khushi, unhappy about her destiny, and yet unwilling to bow to it! Love her completely! Concerned about your response KF, Shaam's interference, hmph! But I guess Balwinder Singh and his wife need someone to change their destinies, and Khushi needs someone to change hers, I guess they are destined for each other :)

Anonymous said...

Loved the way she talked to devi maiyya n ASR about destiny n the way she said "devi maiyya k ladle, i will find out myself"... loved it... but yes she already found out (i guess) but is unaware about her findings... the way she said to herself that "i shud be cheerful to write better" is the only way to write ur own destiny alongwith a belief in urself or GOD what she already does...
totally loved the way he is concerned about Khushi that he attends her call in between a meeting which he hates.. n totally loved the way how he talked to himself like our sankadevi that too about our sankadevi only..
please di don't let ASR leave that creep sham now
totally loved it
love u di
priyanka

Anonymous said...

KF,dear I got hold of ur story since a week back and since then m commenting :) your story has a intelligent plot. But m worried about where and how its going. I m worried for Khushi and Anjali. Anjali is a very soft hearted kind lady. I wonder how ASR will react when he comes to know of Khushi-Shyam. Will he stand by her side?? Well, he loves her but still hurts her at every single opportunity. So, even if he thinks and knows that Khushi is innocent, he will hurt her because of his nature. But still, its better because at least he will know she s not a home wrecker.
Silverbluemoon

Anonymous said...

The way u described the things leading to the suspicion in ASR against his Jijaji is interesting. This is one of the many points where your story is more sensible, dear :) He s shrewd and successful businessman. How can it be he has no idea of what Shyam is doing behind him, as in the serial??
Silverbluemoon

Anonymous said...

And m worried for Anjali. Because a lot of things depend on how she can cope up with her husband's truth. I dont blame her for her dependence on and trust on Shyam. But Khushi has already suffered a lot. Everyone s taking her for granted and hurting her. Someday, her strength of fighting and patience of suffering will end, dont u think?? How long can she bear? And if anything takes her away from ASR like, her marriage or any disaster, will he b able to bear?? I am afraid I m feeling danger for her. She is a deer surrounded by vicious animals. How long will she be safe??
Silverbluemoon

Anonymous said...

Hello di...
Wen will u update di???
priyanka

Anonymous said...

Totally love your story. It is do carefully thought of and well written!!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

i love ur stories nd eagerly wait for ur update

Anonymous said...

Eagerly waiting for the next update....

I hope ASR get some clues in this update n waiting for more ARSHI moments even if it is a fight

priyanka

Anonymous said...

Poor khushi trying to rewrite her destiny...if only she knew that destiny cannot be changed. Wish payal told arnav about the engagement....

SB

Anonymous said...

Devi maiyya ki ladle... That made me laugh.. Can imagine khushi calling her Arnavji... Such names. Hope khushi is saved from evil Shyam.. And I appreciate you showing ASRwith some Brains. Waiting for updates... Subha

Anonymous said...

Good morning di...
I hope now ASR will write his pagal's destiny.... i know its already written by devi maiyya but it was as in ASR style

priyanka

Aparna said...

Hi Khushifan,
I read the last 2 updates together. The previous one was very emotional for me. I felt very bad for Khushi. Though I am happy that she has regained her composure and strength but I am worried what if she again becomes sad soon...

You mentioned in your comments that engagement is going to happen.. It is going to be really bad. I am hoping soon she will get the power to write her own destiny..

DK said...

Dear KF - thank you for the heart attack. Well, I was reading through your last post of Opposite poles" and read the end of story (before reading your comment), for a moment I had a heart attack. But then, I see you as an optimist. Your characters are really strong and high spirited. You can't be ending the story.. just to realize that you have the story extended in a different blog. No issues. Lov you and your story.. take care.